Exhibition Agenda - Industry Experts Take the Showfloor Stage
Eric Newby Executive Director NAPTA
- As a generation of workers retire, companies are struggling to capture and transfer their knowledge and experience. Additionally, many have had challenges integrating the new generation of workers, both from a cultural and risk awareness standpoint.
- What can companies do to retain critically important institutional knowledge among older workers about to retire and pass it along to current and new employees to reduce the organization’s risk exposure and improve performance? What processes and systems need to be modified to capture the attention of this new group of employees?
- During this presentation, DSS will discuss the greatest challenges our clients are faced with and the opportunities related to demographic change and share 4 critical components to managing this change.
Rich Eagles PrincipalDuPont Sustainable Solutions
- Simulate real-world tasks to decrease time to competency
- Incorporate VR/AR technologies with proven learning methods to improve engagement and comprehension
- Focus on practical application with links to foundation knowledge
- Provide anywhere/just-in time access to training, documentation and procedures using mobile devices
- Support individual, small group, and remote training
David Hirsch President Systran
Training in field operations is challenging because:
- Experts and “tribal” knowledge are leaving (baby boomers retiring). Millennials’ needs are different to those of Baby-boomers
- Pressure to make onboarding & training cycles more effective and efficient (shifts vs events)
- Training evaluation and Certification processes are based on subjective assessments
The industry needs new tools to solve these challenges. We will show why simulation is the solution and how Enhanced Reality procedure simulators instill operational discipline and reduce the risk of process safety incidents.
Christian McDermott Country Manager Voovio
- With an $11 billion petrochemical complex under construction, more than 700 full-time positions to fill and a fifth of the population unemployed or undereducated, Sasol recognized early on a need to partner with its community to reach its workforce objectives. Through a network of local and state government, non-profit and business and industry partners, the company collaborated with its external stakeholders to boost the area’s workforce development pipeline for the longterm. This session will highlight success factors and learnings of the company’s workforce development journey.
Nicole J. Moncrief Human Resources Business Partner Sasol North America
- Asset data and information generated during a turnaround or TAR, such as inspection reports, requires weeks to analyze, extending the inspection process far beyond the TAR timeline.
- This delay in analysis could potentially miss the opportunity to mitigate a risk during the TAR window.
- See how GE Digital has put machine learning concepts into action allowing inspection groups to optimize inspection analysis and recommendations to remedy critical findings during a TAR window
Jared HartnessProduct Marketing ManagerBaker Hughes GE
This demonstration will showcase how a digital transformation platform that automates turnaround tasks and provides a central platform for project intelligence enables organizations to:
- Increase collaboration and compliance with full audit history
- Meet forecasts with real-time performance, project status, and task completion data
- Optimize resource allocation, inspections, and scheduling
- Enable work anytime, at any location with mobile accessibility
Brad ChathamSenior Solutions ConsultantAppian
- What is Virtual Reality?
- New Technology meets Brownfield projects - (Think oil and vinegar makes a good dressing)
- Point Cloud Integration
- The future is now - Proven case studies, laser scan integration, operations training
Operations Director - Virtual RealityAudubon Engineering Solutions
- To remain sustainable and profitable, downstream and chemical industries are focussing on long term strategies.
- Lean execution of turnarounds, maintenance and major projects
- Bridge the gap between siloed systems to reduce risk and improve productivity
- Achieve digital continuity across plant lifecycles and the enterprise
- Optimize management and capitalization of physical and digital assets
- Increase cross-business collaboration, enhance real-time governance, and mitigate risks, unlocking potential reduce CAPEX and OPEX
Paras TrivediEnergy Project-Wide and Enterprise- Wide Digital Transformation of Capital Facilities Dassault Systemes
- Automated, accurate 3D planning for fastening in plants
- Advanced modular adoption with rule based engineering
- Cloud based vendor data lake integration boosting collaboration and productivity
Ken DengSenior Product Manager, Global Application Software Hilti Corporation
- Integrated - Capital project delivery in whole.
- Collaborative - Innovate with the “END” client
- Affordable - What is the Return on Investment?
Bill Wasilewski President, Process & Industrial Day & Zimmermann