Production and export of polyethylene, ethylene & ethane from the US 2015-2020
The increased production of U.S. ethylene and the associated investment in new U.S. polyethylene capacity will increaseÂ U.S. polyethylene production to over 53 billion pounds per year by 2020, up from 38 billion pounds as of the start of 2015.Â This increase assumes 75% of the announced and specified polyethylene projects are built and commissioned by 2020.
These capacity additions will result from debottleneck projects, plant restarts, and new production units.Â A further 2 billion pounds of capacity could come from potential projects which have been announced.Â The subsequent increase in U.S. ethylene supply and the U.S. ethylene feedstock cost advantages will increase U.S. polyethylene production beyond domestic demand and support export volumes over this period. The projected increase in polyethylene exports will mark a radical departure from the current flat export volumes
PREVIOUS BUYERS OF OUR REPORTS INCLUDE:
KEY REASONS TO PURCHASE THIS REPORT:
- Integrated ten year commodity pricing forecastsÂ for polyethylene, ethylene and ethane.
- Â U.S. polyethylene, ethylene & ethane exportÂ volumes, logistics and infrastructure
- International market analysis: supply and demand, trade flows and infrastructure projects.
- Unique insight into the competitiveness of U.S. Â polyethylene exports: total export costs,Â terminal cost comparisons, feedstock trade-offs and U.S. export net backs.
- Comprehensive and integrated data sets: Including 44 tables, 56 figures, 100 pages of analysis &Â 120 tabs of excel data.
- Ethane export marginsÂ by terminal and destination through to 2020.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- What are the primary export markets for US ethane, ethylene and polyethylene?
- What quantities are expected to be exported?
- What are the logistics, infrastructure and transportation costs of export to each market?
- What vessel sizes and types are the most cost effective for international exports?
- What will US ethane cracker capacity be between 2016 and 2020?
- What impact will the low oil price environment have on feedstock production, ethane projects andÂ product exports?
If you have any questions about the report please contact: