Tickets and Registration
I’m having trouble signing up for my workshops
The online workshop system allows one time log in only. If you are having difficulty please don’t worry as there will be space for you to attend your chosen workshops. You can also go on the event app and highlight the workshops you to attend for your own reference.
How can we pay for this invoice?
Payment can be made via the following payment methods also mentioned on your invoice:
- Wire Transfer
- Credit card - provided over phone or payment form (Visa, Mastercard and American Express only)
We won’t be able to attend; how can we cancel this pass?
You do have the option to send a replacement at no extra cost or we can also use your payment to register you for a future credit to be used against any of our future events.
Please see our terms and conditions below.
Do I need a ticket, or will I be emailed my pass?
- Conference attendees will be sent access to the Downstream app two weeks prior to the event which will have the barcode for your badge, you will need to scan the barcode at registration to print your badge.
- Expo Visitors will receive their ebadges via email on Friday June 7
I am an Exhibitor, can I have extra exhibitor staff passes?
- You have two exhibitor staff passes with your package, you can register extra staff visitor passes here (please note staff visitor passes do not include access to the meetings service): https://eloqua.petchem-update.com/LP=23917
Conference and Exhibition Attendees
What time does the conference and exhibition start & finish?
- Registration for the conference opens at 7am on June 11 and 8am on June 12
- Conference sessions start at 9am
- Exhibition for exhibition visitors opens at 10am
- The exhibition hall closes at 6pm on June 11 and 4pm on June12
When will the 1-2-1 meeting service be open and how to I access it?
- The meeting service is only open to paying conference delegates, owner / operators and exhibitors who have been allocated a staff pass
- If you would like access to the 1-2-1 meeting service, we strongly suggest you purchase a conference ticket - https://www.petchem-update.com/downstream/register.php
- The meeting service is open, the log in details would have been sent to you from email@example.com, you can also access this via the app.
How can I access the attendee list?
- The attendee list will be available on the app . You will be able to communicate with others attending via the meeting service to organise meetings.
Where do I sign up for workshops?
- Workshops are open for all conference attendees. Simply show up and leave a business card at the door.
- Workshop signups will be emailed out to the workshop sponsors per our Event Terms & Conditions
- You only need to register your interest for the afternoon workshop sessions on both days. The plenary and keynote track sessions do not require a prior registration
- It is possible to attend sessions that you haven’t pre-registered for in the afternoon as long as there is space within the room
Where can I access the agenda?
- You can also access the agenda via the app and bookmark the sessions you are interested in. (not for expo visitors)
Where is the VIP Networking Party?
- With great food, music, alcoholic and non-alcoholic refreshments, our VIP attendees, Speakers and Executive-Level Owner delegates will converge at Biggio’s Houston for a private reception.
- Biggio’s Houston is a 1min walk from the George R Brown Convention Centre, with directions available here
- The evening has been tailored to provide unrivalled networking opportunities with the best in the industry giving you a once in a year opportunity to build relationships, share knowledge, and most importantly rehydrate with an ice-cold beer!
- This is only available to our Executive VIP pass holders, you can secure your ticket to 2019’s most anticipated Downstream networking event here
- If you have RSVP’d for the VIP Networking Party, or hold an Executive VIP conference pass your name will be on our guest list at the door - see you there!
- The timed agenda can be found here - www.petchem-update.com/downstream/exhibit-agenda.php
What is the set-up of the Expo Content Theaters?
- The Expo Content Theaters are set up very much the same as a normal conference room, with full AV set up provided (projection, screen, laptop, clicker, microphones) with seating for around 80-120 attendees. Additional notes;
- Screen size is 16:9
- We will have a laptop you can plug your USB into, or you can plug in your own laptop at the podium
- You have the capacity to run full slide shows with audio and video, but please ensure you arrive early and test your files in advance to confirm that they run ok.
Where are the Expo Content Theaters located?
- We have 4 Expo Content Theaters, all located within the exhibition floor. You can see a map of the exhibition here - Floorplan.
- The Expo Content Theaters are split by discipline area and are clearly marked, labelled and signposted at the event with hanging signage as well as floorplan maps which are provided on site. If you find yourself lost or unsure where to go, please grab a member of the team onsite to help direct you.
Who do I send the PowerPoint file to?
- Please don’t send any PowerPoints in advance of the event. Due to volume of speakers and sessions in the Expo Content Theaters we will not be collecting them in advance.
- Please bring your USB of the presentation on the day and hand it to the AV assistant situated at the back of the content theater you will be speaking in. They will upload and test your files ready for your presentation.
- Please provide your presentation at least ONE HOUR before your session begins to allow for any issues to be resolved.
Are there any restrictions with the exhibit space?
- Everything must fit within your exhibition space, must not affect other exhibitors and be within Health & Safety/Fire Marshall regulations.
- All equipment audio levels are subject to approval and adjustment onsite, to maintain the integrity of the exhibition.
- Any build higher than 12ft needs to be approved by show management. Please submit diagrams etc for approval by Friday May.6
Is the exhibit hall carpeted?
- The exhibit area (your booth) will NOT be carpeted; however, aisles will be carpeted in tuxedo.
- Please note that it is compulsory for all exhibitors to carpet their booth space. Please see the Freeman carpet order form to order carpet for your booth space, or purchase the discounted booth package including carpet and furniture - PDF or ONLINE
Is electricity included?
- No, electricity is not included. This needs to be ordered and paid for separately by each exhibitor. Please order electricity here.
Is furniture included in my booth package?
- No. Please see the Freeman exhibitor kit to select and purchase furniture items or purchase the discounted booth package including carpet and furniture - PDF or ONLINE
Will there be WiFi in the expo hall?
- Yes, but for general browsing and emails only. If you wish to run a product demo at your booth, we strongly advise you to purchase separate WiFi or a hard-wired line to ensure best connection/coverage. Please order internet here
- Expo Visitors do not have access to the complimentary WiFi
Is Lead Retrieval available?
- Yes, lead retrieval systems will be available for Downstream 2019. If you're interested in hiring this service, please click on the following link: http://dpc19scannerhire.eventreference.com/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early bird rate deadline: Wednesday May 22 (Please note this is NOT included in your package)
Will we be provided with any complimentary catering?
- Exhibition Staff Pass attendees - complimentary lunch from selection of concession stands (pre-loaded GiveX cards)
- Conference Pass attendees - complimentary lunch and break beverages & snacks
- Speaker - complimentary lunch and break beverages & snacks
- Expo Visitors - no complimentary catering but there is a selection of concession stands in the exhibition hall
Can we order catering to our booth?
- Yes, we encourage this to drive traffic into your booth, and if you want extra catering for your onsite team over the event days. See menus and order form here
Is overnight security provided?
- Yes, we will have roaming security but please pack away any small valuable items wherever possible.
Where is the loading dock?
Third Level Ramp is accessed from Chartres Street before Texas Avenue.
PLEASE NOTE that if any freight is being shipped or delivered to the show site, it will be accepted only during exhibitor move-in hours (10am to 6pm). It will then be received and handled by Freeman. This needs to be pre-arranged with Freeman and there will be a handling charge for this service.
Where can I store my empties during the event?
- If you are already using Freeman to handle your booth material, they will remove your empties after setup and store them until tear-down.
- If you are not using Freeman, whatever you cannot store at your booth (out of sight) will need to be stored in your vehicle or hotel room or storage will need to be arranged with Freeman.
When is setup?
- Monday June 10: 10am - 6pm (this is a compulsory setup day for ALL exhibitors) The hall will close at 6pm.
When is tear-down?
- Wednesday 12 June: 4pm - 6pm
- As a courtesy to those attending Downstream 2019 and to fellow exhibitors, no displays may be dismantled prior to the official closing of the exhibition at 4pm. Such activity will be considered a violation of the Exhibition rules.
If someone is just coming to help set up/tear down, do they need a badge?
Yes, they need to check-in at registration on Level 2 Mezzanine B to get verified and pick up a SETUP badge/wristband, but they will only be allowed access to the exhibition hall during the allocated setup and teardown times
What is the parking situation at the George R Brown Convention Center?
- Please use Avenida North Garage or Avenida Central Garage for easiest access to Hall B3 via the registration area on Level 2 Mezzanine B. www.grbhouston.com/attendees/parking-maps-and-directions/
If you are staying at Hilton Americas:
- Self-parking - $27.00 (Garage Parking)
- Valet parking - $40.00 (Valet Parking)
Don't miss out on the most salient insight across 3 dedicated virtual tracksWatch for free - until July 12